The Ilala Lodge June recipe of the month is a rich, scrumptious baked chocolate mousse. Stunning to behold, this tantalizing delight is relatively easy to put together, and sure to wow at your next dinner party! Four simple ingredients, when combined together, create a mouthwatering after-dinner treat. What are you waiting for? Test out this fabulous recipe put together by the culinary team at Ilala Lodge today.
BAKED CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
300g Dark chocolate
6 Eggs, separated
50g Castor sugar
1. Melt chocolate & butter over a water bath: Remove and set aside to cool.
2. Separate egg yolks & whites and first whisk egg yolks with all the sugar until soft peaks form and then fold the cooled chocolate butter mixture in three batches.
3. Lastly whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold in the chocolate mixture in three batches, use a spoon to fold.
4. Grease the base of the cake tin and not the interior sides
5. Bake for 25 minutes @180°C
6. Serve with vanilla ice cream.