Travelling with Children to and from SA | Ilala Lodge Blog
Make a Reservation

Travelling with Children to and from South Africa | What You Need to Know

By Ilala Lodge on May 29, 2015

A new development has come to light of late, affecting all those planning to travel in or out of South Africa with children. Simply put, from June 1, 2015 all minors under the age of 18 will be required to produce an Unabridged Birth Certificate when exiting and entering South Africa.

As is expected with any major developments implemented by Home Affairs in South Africa, this new visa regulation has been met with confusion, trepidation and often negativity. Here at Ilala Lodge, we have come up with a straightforward and easy-to-understand infographic, to simplify the process of decoding the new regulations.

Should you have any questions after having a look at the infographic, please do not hesitate to contact the reservations team at Ilala Lodge. Alternatively, should you opt to contact Home Affairs in South Africa, themselves, the relevant contact details are laid out below:

Department of Home Affairs website –
Department of Home Affairs toll free hotline: 0800 60 11 90
Reference guide:



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *